Associate Director, English Language Studies Department
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership in International Contexts. Western University, Canada
- M.A Philosophy, National University of Modern Languages, Pakistan
- M.A. English Literature and Applied Linguistics. National University of Modern Languages, Pakistan
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). International Language Institute (ILI). Canada.
Area (s) of Specialization
- Educational Leadership in Organizational Improvement Planning
- Curriculum Internationalization
- University’s Third Mission: Social Responsibility
- Intercultural & Global Competence in Higher Education
- Plurilingual Education
- Director of Studies. Silver Crescent Academy. Halifax, Canada
- Co-Developer of Professional Development Certificate in English Medium Instruction (PDC-EMI)
- Co-Lead in Dalhousie’s Strategic Planning Committee for Dal Purpose and Social Responsibility
- Visiting Professor at Universidad de Santiago de Chile for Professional Faculty Training
- Invited Guest Speaker at Educatic Conference in Leon, Mexico
- Mushtaq, A. (2020). University-wide Internationalization of Curriculum: An Organizational Improvement Plan. The Organizational Improvement Plan at Western University, 167.
- Mushtaq, A. (2020). Helping International Students Succeed in an Online Environment. CLT Focus. Dalhousie Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Mushtaq, A & Pacurar, M. (April, 2020). University Purpose & Social Responsibility [White Paper] Dalhousie University, Canada.
Dr. Mushtaq is a higher education practitioner with a strong interest in Higher Education, Global Engagement, Curriculum and Pedagogy. Her doctoral research is in educational leadership and internationalization of higher education curriculum as it pertains to global engagement, international projects, classroom diversity, inclusion, equity and differentiated learning. Her professional research experience also includes detailed study of how universities must take up social responsibility as its third mission and strengthen the local and regional communities it surrounds.
- OLCD-DEAP0011-English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Level 1
- OLCD-DEAP0012-English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Level 2
- OLCD-DEAP0039-Introduction to CLIL in an EMI Context
- OLCD-DEAP0051-Implementation and Leadership of the Internationalization of the Curriculum Initiatives
- OLCD-DEAP0052-Leading Professional Learning in International Higher Education