Who We Are
For more than 35 years, the Faculty of Open Learning & Career Development has been providing top-quality solutions for the educational and training needs of our learners. We offer close to 200 courses that can be taken individually or as part of a certificate. We are focused on offering courses that support you in that next step in your career or academic journey. If you’re preparing for entry into a degree program or applying for a new job, we have courses to get you ready.
Our Guiding Light
At the Faculty of Open Learning & Career Development, every day is guided by our commitment to change how our lifelong learners think about and engage with the world.
Woven throughout our work across the Faculty are our four key values:
- We pursue being better through constant learning
- We work collaboratively to anticipate and respond to community needs
- We are committed to action and hold ourselves accountable
- We demonstrate accessibility and inclusion in everything we do
Our Areas of Focus
Supported by our values and our guiding light, the Faculty will be sharply focused on three main areas of growth and refinement:
- Providing a superior learning experience
- Thriving financially
- Continuously improving our internal and external user experiences
Read more about our work from the past year and our plans to pursue Growth for Impact, please read our 2023 Annual Report.