Top 5 reasons to choose a Food Science minor at Dal:
- Interdisciplinary: Food science applies chemistry, microbiology, physics and engineering to the study of food.
- Creativity: Learn to design new food products and new processes to make food, or improve the taste, nutrition and safety of food.
- Employment: The food industry is one of the largest in Canada. A minor in Food Science will help you find work in this field.
- Develop a specialty: Our minor allows you to specialize your science degree into active commercial fields like beverage science, food rheology, lipids, process technology, seafood biochemistry, food microbiology or fisheries engineering.
- Top notch research: Our faculty are nationally and internationally recognized for their research.