Awards, scholarships & grants
Supporting your education
There are a number of ways to fund your graduate studies, including:
Meeting application deadlines is essential. Please refer to the list below for some examples of funding agencies that offer training awards, and consult their websites for application details and deadlines.
More information is also available through the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- KILLAM Scholarships
- Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation (NSHRF)
- Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA)
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CCFF)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF)
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute (BHCRI)
- Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation - DeWolfe Graduate Studentships