Students are encouraged to identify outside sources of funding, including those listed below. Students are advised to consult with their academic advisor and/or health policy practicum or thesis supervisor for guidance in identifying sources of funding and assistance in submitting a strong application.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Nurses Foundation
- Health Canada
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for CIHR and SSHRC are submitted to the Associate Director Graduate Studies, who forwards complete applications to the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS). Applications are forwarded by the FGS to the funding body.
Students may also be eligible for illness or population-specific funding from organizations such as:
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Canadian Liver Foundation
- Canadian Lung Association
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Kidney Foundation of Canada
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- National Cancer Institute of Canada
- The Savoy Foundation (research in the field of epilepsy)
- VON Canada Foundation (Dr. Helen K. Mussallem VON Education Fund; Dr. Judith Shamian Fund)
See also the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS) for additional resources.