Immersion in industry
Internships are an opportunity for electronic commerce students to learn about e-commerce and e-business through immersion in industry under the mentorship of experienced professionals.
Though MEC internships are always related to e-commerce or e-business, our students have secured placements with:
- Major telecommunications companies
- Financial institutions
- Consulting companies
- Insurance companies
- Law firms
- SAP Finance Consulting with IBM
- Web Application Development with PlayPeanut, a funded Halifax-based startup
- Data Analytics Internship with BlackBerry
- Marketing Informatics Intern with RBC
- Marketing and Business Development with Rainbowly, Singapore
- Developing and implementing an E-Marketing Campaign for your own company
Although it is up to students to secure placements, the MEC executive committee makes an effort to locate potential placements. Resources and services also exist in the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-operative Education office.
Most internships are paid and compensation is negotiated between the student and their industry partner.