Meet our leadership team
At Dalhousie, we take great pride in our students’ achievements and celebrate their successes. With the guidance of our leadership team, Dalhousie delivers opportunities that inspire students, faculty, and staff.
"If we're going to achieve our vision as a community, we need to develop that vision together.”
– Dr. Richard Florizone, president
The president and vice-chancellor is the chief executive officer, responsible to the Board of Governors and to the Senate for the supervision of Dalhousie University’s administrative and academic work.
Directly responsible to the vice-president, academic & provost, the dean of each faculty is responsible for the recruitment and promotion of the faculty, in accordance with the policies and procedures [PDF] of the university.
- Dr. David Gray, Agriculture
- Christine Macy, Architecture & Planning
- Dr. Frank Harvey, Arts & Social Sciences
- Dr. Andrew Rau-Chaplin, Computer Science
- Dr. Tom Boran, Dentistry
- Dr. Joshua Leon, Engineering
- Dr. Marty Leonard, Graduate Studies
- Dr. Alice Aiken, Health Professions
- Camille Cameron, Law
- Donna Bourne-Tyson, Libraries and University Librarian
- Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, Management
- Dr. David Anderson, Medicine
- Dr. Chris Moore, Science
- Andrew Cochrane, Continuing Education
The chair is the head of a department within a faculty. Responsible to the dean, chairs oversee the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence. View department chairs by faculty.
From academics to research, our senior administration team provides leadership in shaping Dalhousie's strategic direction. Vice-presidents are responsible to the president and the Board of Governors.
- Dr. Carolyn Watters, provost & vice-president, academic
- Dr. Martha Crago, vice-president, research
- Ian Nason, vice-president, finance & administration
- Peter Fardy, vice-president, advancement
Associate & assistant vice-presidents
Responsible to senior administration, our associate and assistant vice-presidents oversee the operations of the university as established by the university's strategic plan.
Board of Governors
The Board of Governors of Dalhousie University is responsible for the overall conduct, management, administration and control of the property, revenue and business of the university.