Phone: (902) 494-6609
- Border control
- European Union governance and policy
- International relations
- International security and defence policy
- Transatlantic relations
- University of Bologna (B.A.)
- University of Oxford (Master of Studies)
- University of Toronto (Ph.D.)
Ruben Zaiotti's main areas of interest are international relations theory, international security, border control and European Union politics.
He is currently working on two research projects. The first looks at the transatlantic partnership over issues of homeland security. The second examines the challenges of European Union foreign policy after the signing of the Lisbon Treaty.
More information on Professor Zaiotti's research is available at zaiotti.ca
- The monograph “Cultures of Border Control: Schengen and the Evolution of European Frontiers” with University of Chicago Press
- Articles for Review of International Studies, European Security, Journal of European Integration, International Journal of Refugee Law.
Service and Activity:
Professor Zaiotti is the former editor in chief of the Journal of International Law and International Relations.
You can find his musings about Europe and border control on the blog ‘Schengenalia’ and on Twitter @schengenizer.