- Cannabis and the Canada-EU trade agreement: Opportunities and Challenges - Hon. Darrell Dexter, Global Public Affairs and MacEachen Institute (Mon. 22nd Oct. 11.30-1.00) public lecture in collaboration with MacEachen Institute
- Changing EU Schengen Visa Regime: Biopolitics, Risk Management, and Networked Databases - Can Mutlu, Department of Politics, Acadia University, Wolfville (Mon. 5th Nov. 11.30-1.00 - Room 304, Dunn Building)
- EU Study Tour (provisionally 12th May - 1st June 2019) & Internship Programme - - "an excellent study opportunity -- less a "course" than an immersion in European institutions, a program for self-directed and independent study". See: www.uvic.ca/interdisciplinary/europe/study-tour/index.php or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application details.
- Day of Debate: for local IB students (9th April 2019)
- The Nine Circles of Brexit: A Guided Tour of Britain's Path out of the EU - Ian Cooper, Brexit Institute, Dublin City University, Ireland (15th Oct.) in collaboration with CIC-Halifax
- The European Union and Global Ocean Governance - Jan-Stefan Fritz, German Marine Research Consortium, Brussels, Belgium (3rd Oct.)
- Transparency and the Pharmaceutical Industry in Comparative Perspective: workshop held by Jean Monnet Health and Policy Network at Dalhousie (3rd - 4th July). See: jmhealthnet.org for more information on this major three-year project.
- Innovation in Housing Models and Policies for Older LGBTQi2S Populations: Lessons from the European Union - Public panel (29th June) as part of two-day workshop organised by the JMEUCE with Dalhousie University, MacEachen Institute and Halifax Public Libraries.
- CETA Implementation: the Next Steps - public workshop (18th May). See ciipdal.ca for workshop programme and other details or e-mail email@example.com.
- EU Study Tour (13th May - 2nd June) & Internship Programme - with three students sponsored by JMEUCE for 2018.
- Celebrate Europe Day - 9th May!
- JMEUCE Student Awards: deadline for applications - 25th April. For details and eligibility, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day of Debate: The JMEUCE hosted nearly 40 local IB and pre-IB students at Dalhousie to debate current EU issues - 11th April 2018.
- Canada-EU Relations: Perspectives from Berlin, Brussels & Rome - public panel discussion with Ambassador Stephane Dion, Ambassador Daniel Costello, Ambassador Alexandra Bugailiskis (16th March). Co-sponsored by MacEachen Institute and the Centre for the Study of Security and Development. Watch the video recording.
- Still Europe's Underbelly? A Roundtable on Italy's Upcoming Elections, presented by the JMEUCE and Dalhousie's Italian Studies Program. 1st March.