Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Ceilidh
Ceilidh the Wheaten lives in Dartmouth with Janet Dyson (Alumni and Donor Relations Officer, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences) and Ryan McNutt (Associate Director, Communications, Communications, Marketing, and Creative Services).
(Find information on how to submit your own pet's profile at the bottom of this profile.)
Name: Ceilidh was born in Cape Breton and is an Irish breed, so we wanted something Gaelic for his name. We both love music, so Ceilidh seemed very appropriate.
Nickname: Buddy, darling, and other endearments. His official Canadian Kennel Club name is Keigans WeHaveToKeepOurIrishNames, for any Canadian Heritage Minute fans out there.
Species/breed: Ceilidh is a soft-coated wheaten terrier
Age: 15 weeks
Fave food: Tiny pieces of marble cheese
Special tricks: Ceilidh is doing very well with Sit, Down, Bed and Come . . . when he chooses to listen!
Best quality: He’s very soft and snuggly when his puppy energy winds down. His favourite place to burn off energy is the park down the street.
Social media platform or handle, if available: On Instagram @ceilidhthewheaten
Want to tell the Dal community about your beloved pet? Forward along your image(s) and information using the above categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about this series on Dal News. And don't forget to check out the previous pets we've featured in this space, including Camden, Juno, Bristow and Milo, Uke, Birdie, Varric, Toby, Charlie, Shuri, Ranger and Hazel, Darla, MacKenzie and Nicola, Harley, and Gus.
- Teaching Assistant / Demonstrator postings: Animal Science and Aquaculture, Faculty of Agriculture
- Study Skills Coach Position in Economics or Management
- Teaching Assistant posting: College of Sustainability
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant / Marker / Demonstrator postings: Integrated Science program
- Reminder for Instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Molly
- Teaching and Learning Grants