Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Camden
Get to know Camden, a kitty belonging to Shannon Brownlee, associate director of Cinema & Media Studies in the Fountain School of Performing Arts.
(Find information on how to submit your own pet's profile at the bottom of this profile. Read more about this new series on Dal News.)
Name: Officially named “Camden” after the Reverend Camden Farebrother in Middlemarch, because he reminded me of a 19th century curate when we first got him.
Nickname: The Dude. It’s not a Big Lebowski reference, actually, but just because he’s sooooo chill.
Species/breed: Definitely pussycat, as in “he’s just an ol’ pussycat."
Fave food: Sardines, or anything in a cereal bowl that he can put his paw in and smear all over the place.
Special tricks: Loudest purr, a total inability to recognize mice as prey, and a talent for eliciting belly rubs.
Best quality: Most affectionate cat of all time.
Social media platform or handle, if available: The Dude prioritizes sleep over social media, but he’d love for you to read this article as he’s FIV+ and proud.
Want to tell the Dal community about your lovely pet? Forward along your image and information using the above categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Survey on Thriving Futures 2023: Exploring the SDGs at Dalhousie University
- Job postings
- Special Access to Counselling Support
- Participants needed for walking study
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) Laureate Symposium
- Goldberg Computer Science Building Closed June 10
- Upcoming conference: “From Inequality to Justice — Law and Ethics of AI Technology”
- Johnson Insurance supports available for employees impacted by the wildfires