Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Juno
Get to know Juno, a Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever mix belonging to Susan Manning, a PhD candidate in the Department of Political Science.
(Find information on how to submit your own pet's profile at the bottom of this profile. Read more about this new series on Dal News.)
Name: Juno, after the goddess in Roman mythology. Although her dad is in the Navy, so we often get asked if she’s named after Juno Beach.
Nickname: J-Bear, June Bug, Juniper — and she’ll answer to all of those.
Species/breed: Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever mix, so technically a ‘Goldador.’
Fave food: CHEESE! (she knows what the cheese drawer in the fridge sounds like when it’s opened and comes running every time)
Special tricks: If you say “boop” and hold out your hand, she’ll ‘boop’ it with her snout. She’s also a therapy dog with St. John Ambulance and (when it’s not a pandemic) is very good at being calm while sharing puppy love with seniors living in an assisted care facility in Dartmouth.
Best quality: She’s an excellent snuggler and back-warmer at night when her dad is away with the Navy and she gets to sleep in the bed.
Social media platform or handle, if available: Find her on Instagram @junothegoldador
Want to tell the Dal community about your lovely pet? Forward along your image and information using the above categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Assistant posting: Department of German
- Teaching Assistant Position(s): Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant and Marker postings: Department of Russian
- Governance review underway
- Teaching Assistant and Marker postings: Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Reminder for instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- 2021‑2022 University‑Wide Teaching Awards