Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Juno
Get to know Juno, a Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever mix belonging to Susan Manning, a PhD candidate in the Department of Political Science.
(Find information on how to submit your own pet's profile at the bottom of this profile. Read more about this new series on Dal News.)
Name: Juno, after the goddess in Roman mythology. Although her dad is in the Navy, so we often get asked if she’s named after Juno Beach.
Nickname: J-Bear, June Bug, Juniper — and she’ll answer to all of those.
Species/breed: Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever mix, so technically a ‘Goldador.’
Fave food: CHEESE! (she knows what the cheese drawer in the fridge sounds like when it’s opened and comes running every time)
Special tricks: If you say “boop” and hold out your hand, she’ll ‘boop’ it with her snout. She’s also a therapy dog with St. John Ambulance and (when it’s not a pandemic) is very good at being calm while sharing puppy love with seniors living in an assisted care facility in Dartmouth.
Best quality: She’s an excellent snuggler and back-warmer at night when her dad is away with the Navy and she gets to sleep in the bed.
Social media platform or handle, if available: Find her on Instagram @junothegoldador
Want to tell the Dal community about your lovely pet? Forward along your image and information using the above categories to email@example.com
- Survey on Thriving Futures 2023: Exploring the SDGs at Dalhousie University
- Job postings
- Special Access to Counselling Support
- Participants needed for walking study
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) Laureate Symposium
- Goldberg Computer Science Building Closed June 10
- Upcoming conference: “From Inequality to Justice — Law and Ethics of AI Technology”
- Johnson Insurance supports available for employees impacted by the wildfires