2017 Rhodes Application for 2018 Academic Year
A Rhodes scholarship is tenable at the University of Oxford. Election to the scholarship is normally for two years but the scholarship may be held for one year only, depending on the degree program pursued by the scholar. A scholarship may be renewed, at the complete discretion of the Trustees, for a third and final year for those who were initially admitted to Oxford to pursue a doctoral degree.
The Rhodes scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students in all Faculties. These scholarships cover fees, board, lodging, and travel expenses. Scholars may follow their own course of study. The 2017 Rhodes application process is for funding to support the 2018 academic year thus the attached Rhodes Scholarships memorandum below reads for 2018.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident in Canada
- Be domiciled in Canada
- Have reached your 19th birthday and not passed your 25th birthday at 01 October 2018; must have been born after September 30, 1993 and on or before October 1, 1999
- Have received an undergraduate degree before attending Oxford
How to Apply through Dalhousie University
The application process has two parts: an internal screening process by Dalhouise University and an external application submitted to The Rhodes Trust online.
- Students are to submit the internal selection application directly to Katherine.Rudolph@dal.ca, including a factual list of principal activities while in college or university, a signed personal statement and unoffical transcripts (i.e. Dalhousie University Academic Record is available on Dal Online) from all universites attended. See instruction sheet for full details [PDF - 125 KB]. Applications submitted through any other route will not be considered. If you have questions about the internal selection process, please contact Katherine.Rudolph@dal.ca.
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their application during the Dalhousie internal screening process.
- Institutionally endorsed candidates will be contacted regarding completing the online Rhodes Trust application. The online application process for the Rhodes scholarship requires an authorisation code only available through the Office of the Associate Vice-President Academic.
- If you have questions about the The Rhodes Scholarships Canada Information for Candidates, please contact the National Secretary for Canada: Mr. Andrew Wilkinson, QC at email@example.com.