Awards and Grants
The Centre for Learning and Teaching designed grants to support initiatives that have the potential to address student engagement and retention at Dalhousie University. Faculty and staff members are invited to collaborate with the Centre for Learning and Teaching on the development of proposals for projects designed to enhance the learning experiences of students in any year of study. The projects may range in scope from Faculty to the classroom level.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching administers eight University-Wide Teaching Awards. These awards honour those individuals who, through engagement and innovation, have significantly enhanced the quality of teaching and learning at Dalhousie University and beyond.
- Dalhousie Alumni Association Faculty Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Early Career Faculty Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Contract and Limited-term Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Sessional and Part-time Instructor Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Academic Innovation Award
- Educational Leadership Award for Collaborative Teaching
- President's Graduate Student Teaching Award