Associate Professor, Undergraduate Coordinator
- Physical oceanography
- Climate science
- Climate change
- B.Sc. - Physics and Mathematics, Acadia University
- M.Sc. - Physics, University of Ottawa
- Ph.D. - Physical Oceanography, Dalhousie University
- Oliver, E. C. J., J. A. Benthuysen, S. Darmaraki, M. G. Donat, A. J. Hobday, N. J. Holbrook, R. W. Schlegel and A. Sen Gupta (2021), Marine Heatwaves, Annual Review of Marine Science, 13, pp. 313-342, doi: 10.1146/annurev-marine-032720-095144.
- Oliver, E. C. J., M. Burrows, M. Donat, A. Sen Gupta, L. Alexander, S. Perkins-Kirkpatrick, J. Benthuysen, A. Hobday, N. Holbrook, P. Moore, M. Thomsen, T. Wernberg and D. Smale (2019), Projected marine heatwaves in the 21st century and the potential for ecological impact, Frontiers in Marine Science, 6, pp. 734, doi: 10.3389/fmars.2019.00734.
- Oliver, E. C. J., M. G. Donat, M. T. Burrows, P. J. Moore, D. A. Smale, L. V. Alexander, J. A. Benthuysen, M. Feng, A. Sen Gupta, A. J. Hobday, N. J. Holbrook, S. E. Perkins-Kirkpatrick, H. A. Scannell, S. C. Straub and T. Wernberg (2018), Longer and more frequent marine heatwaves over the past century, Nature Communications, 9 (1324), doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-03732-9.
- Oliver, E. C. J., J. A. Benthuysen, N. L. Bindoff, A. J. Hobday, N. J. Holbrook, C. N. Mundy and S. E. Perkins-Kirkpatrick (2017), The unprecedented 2015/16 Tasman Sea marine heatwave, Nature Communications, 8, 16101, doi: 10.1038/ncomms16101.
- Oliver, E. C. J. and K. R. Thompson (2012), A Reconstruction of Madden-Julian Oscillation Variability from 1905 to 2008, Journal of Climate, 25 (6), pp. 1996-2019, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00154.1.