Dal is one of the world's top marine science universities and a world leader in oceanographic research. Our new BSc program provides students with a solid interdisciplinary science background and a hands-on introduction to oceanographic concepts.
Find out more
- Prospective Students: Explore our Bachelor of Science in Ocean Sciences program
- Current Students: Learn more about program requirements
- Watch a video about the new Ocean Sciences undergrad program
- Oceans First: an online journal highlighting the work of first-year students
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROPs)
An Honours degree, or its equivalent, is required for graduate admission to the Department of Oceanography. Undergraduate preparation may be in any of the basic sciences.
Master of Science (MSc)
Dalhousie offers a master's program with a thesis requirement allowing students to gain research experience in oceanography.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Dalhousie offers a doctoral program allowing students to gain research experience in oceanography. In addition to courses and thesis research, students are required to meet extra qualifying criteria and defend a proposal for research.
Find out more:
Have questions about programs or admission requirements? Contact an academic advisor.