Alumni & Friends
Our Department’s international reputation as a leader in innovative, interdisciplinary ocean research is founded in large part on contributions of our many alumni and friends, who are spread across the globe. We strive to keep our network apprised of goings-on in the Department, so please ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and take a moment to read the annual update from the Chair.
We also rely on our network of alumni and friends to provide support to our current students. Support for our students can take many forms, be it career advice, job opportunities, or more direct financial support. If you would like to contribute to the Department financially, then consider these options:
- The Ocean Exploration Fund is used primarily to support student research.
- The Keith Thompson Memorial Fund is used to support graduate student research in Keith Thompson's research area.
- The Gordon A. Riley Memorial Fund is used to support the visit of the individual invited by the graduate students to deliver the bi-annual Riley Lecture.
- The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS) Experiential Learning Fund provides graduates students with the opportunity to go to sea.
- The Oceanography Annual Giving Fund is used to support CDOGS, which is our annual, student-run research conference.
Click on any of the above links and you will be taken to a donation form administered by the Office of Advancement at Dalhousie. Check the bottom of the form to ensure your valuable contribution is headed to the right place!