News» Go to news main
Professor Michael Deturbide wins 2013 Walter Owen Book Prize
Our congratulations to Professors Michael Deturbide and Teresa Scassa, who were chosen as the 2013 winners of the Walter Owen Book Prize, for their book, Electronic Commerce and Internet Law in Canada (2nd edition).
The Walter Owen Book Prize, awarded by the Foundation for Legal Research, recognizes excellence in legal writing and rewards outstanding new contributions to Canadian legal literature. The prize carries a cash award of $10,000, and an invitation to attend the Awards Luncheon and Annual CBA Legal conference.
The second edition, with a Foreword written by Justice Thomas Cromwell of the Supreme Court of Canada, features extensive coverage of topics ranging from online trademark issues to consumer protection to online anonymity and defamation. In a rapidly evolving field, this book is a definitive resource on Internet and e-commerce law from Canada's leading IT law experts, Teresa Scassa and Michael Deturbide.
Professors Michael Deturbide and Teresa Scassa (our former colleague at the law school, now teaching at the University of Ottawa) join Professors Aldo Chircop, Edgar Gold and Hugh Kindred in receiving this honour.
- KUDOS! Professor Jocelyn Downie appointed inaugural James S. Palmer Chair in Public Policy and Law
- KUDOS! Alumnus Mark Knox, QC (LLB '85) receives 2018 Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service
- KUDOS! Professor Naiomi Metallic named to Canadian Lawyer's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers list
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring