News» Go to news main
Professor Michael Deturbide wins 2013 Walter Owen Book Prize
Our congratulations to Professors Michael Deturbide and Teresa Scassa, who were chosen as the 2013 winners of the Walter Owen Book Prize, for their book, Electronic Commerce and Internet Law in Canada (2nd edition).
The Walter Owen Book Prize, awarded by the Foundation for Legal Research, recognizes excellence in legal writing and rewards outstanding new contributions to Canadian legal literature. The prize carries a cash award of $10,000, and an invitation to attend the Awards Luncheon and Annual CBA Legal conference.
The second edition, with a Foreword written by Justice Thomas Cromwell of the Supreme Court of Canada, features extensive coverage of topics ranging from online trademark issues to consumer protection to online anonymity and defamation. In a rapidly evolving field, this book is a definitive resource on Internet and e-commerce law from Canada's leading IT law experts, Teresa Scassa and Michael Deturbide.
Professors Michael Deturbide and Teresa Scassa (our former colleague at the law school, now teaching at the University of Ottawa) join Professors Aldo Chircop, Edgar Gold and Hugh Kindred in receiving this honour.
- Ryan Bernard (JD '18) wins national student paper competition
- Professor Rollie Thompson receives Excellence in Family Justice Award
- Get to Know…Schulich Fellow Pierre‑André Thériault
- Schulich Law Professors Olabisi Akinkugbe and Colin Jackson present research at Purdy Crawford Emerging Business Law Scholars Workshop
- The Schulich School of Law ranks among world's best law schools again in annual global university rankings
- KUDOS! 2018 Smith Shield Moot results
- KUDOS! Professor Jennifer Llewellyn wins SSHRC 2018 Impact Award for restorative justice work
- Legal experts shared knowledge at sold‑out Canadian Prison Law Conference hosted by Schulich Law