News & Events
Alumna Brenda Picard (’85) and 2L student Abir Ayoub were paired together as part of the 2022 Weldon Mentorship Program. Read what they had to say about their experience.
Canada – USA Workshop: Transboundary Marine Species at Risk Recovery in a Changing Climate: Taking Stock of Canadian and US Scientific and Governance Responses, Enhancing Future Cooperation
A two-day hybrid workshop was held November 3-4, 2022 at the Duke Conference Facility in Washington, DC to advance the theory and practice of dynamic ocean management.
Dalhousie Law alumnus Don Oliver’s fight for equity and justice spans his storied career.
Congratulations to Shawna Paris-Hoyte, ONS, KC, with Dalhousie Legal Aid Service (DLAS), who was awarded the 2022 Distinguished Service Award by the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society at a reception on Friday, January 27.
Celebration of Teaching
March 21, 2023, 4:00 PM
Schulich's Got Talent Hosted by the Law Students' Society and the Weldon Arts & Music Society
March 21, 2023, 7:00 PM
Law Hour – Digital Privacy, the Charter, and the Police.
March 23, 2023, 12:30 PM
Health Law Seminar Series: Access to Essential Medicines – More Than Just a Human Right
March 24, 2023, 12:20 PM
Dalhousie Legal Aid Service Presents: Eviction Prevention In Halifax
March 28, 2023, 7:00 PM
In the Media
- Professor Sheila Wildeman ft in "N.S. prisoners deprived of basic entitlements during pandemic: advocacy group"
- Professor Sheila Wildeman ft in "New report on conditions inside provincial jails, pandemic effects"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Social media post raises concerns about Fredericton police identifying youth as suspects"
- Professor Archie Kaiser ft in "Investigation into Supreme Court Justice Russell Brown’s conduct under way"
- Professor Naiomi Metallic ft in "Canada seeks to update Interpretation Act to protect Indigenous rights, but draft fails to include UNDRIP"
Faculty Twitter Accounts
Institute Twitter Accounts
|Law & Technology||@CDOschulichlaw|
|Marine & Environmental Law Institute||@MELAWInstitute|