We're here to help you get your career off to a great start
Our Career Development Office (CDO) is here to help you advance your employment goals. We provide you with the tools for finding employment, be it articling positions, summer jobs, clerkships or part-time work during law school.
We are available year-round on a full-time basis to meet with you and offer advice, direction and answer questions.
To help you land the job you want, we support you with career development services such as:
We work closely with legal employers across Canada, coordinating dates for them to visit Schulich and interview students for summer and articling positions. Check the MySchulichLaw Portal (see below) for important interview dates and deadlines.
One:one career counselling
Personal counselling can help you:
- get a sense of all possible options – including some you may have not considered – and find the legal career best suited to your needs and interests
- gain perspective on where you'd like to work and the type of work you're interested in
- find answers to any questions about the job hunt you may have
We hold networking events through the year to help you meet and mingle with others with whom you might share similar career interests. Recent events include:
- alumni events
- career fairs
- focused mixers with members of the local bar and bench (family law, criminal law, women in the judiciary)
Weekly Workshops & Information Sessions
Throughout the year, the CDO holds a variety of career-focused information sessions and workshops aimed at helping you bolster skillsets, self-awareness and confidence that will aid you in the professional world.
Career Counselling Services
The Career Development Office (CDO) has career advisors who provide a number of services that support students in discovering and defining their career path:
- Resume & cover letter review
- Interview prep/mock interview
- Networking advice
- General career advice