Ideas that make a difference
We mix imagination with innovation to push legal research in bold new directions and to make significant contributions to legal knowledge.
From human rights and health to environmental and tax law, our lively research community plays host to lectures, workshops and conferences that enhance intellectual discourse and legal debate on campus, across Canada and around the world.
Reflecting a commitment to both interdisciplinary study and to creating connections between academia and the world of legal practice, our research institutes and programs are incubators for new approaches to how law can best address complex problems in a fast-changing world.
Our diverse range of specialized research centres and programs provide valuable research opportunities and the chance to work directly with faculty members on projects at the core of their scholarly ambitions. Collaborating closely, our faculty and students publish papers and books that shift the theoretical and applied terrain within the legal profession and beyond.
- Professor Andrew Martin receives the OBA Foundation Chief Justice of Ontario Fellowship
- Professor Olabisi Akinkugbe awarded SSHRC Insight Development Grant
- Schulich School of Law New Chair Appointments
- Bjarni Sigursteinsson named one of Dal’s 2021 OpenThinkers
- Ask an Expert: Adelina Iftene on the Importance of Covid Vaccinations in Prisons