Ideas that make a difference
We mix imagination with innovation to push legal research in bold new directions and to make significant contributions to legal knowledge.
From human rights and health to environmental and tax law, our lively research community plays host to lectures, workshops and conferences that enhance intellectual discourse and legal debate on campus, across Canada and around the world.
Reflecting a commitment to both interdisciplinary study and to creating connections between academia and the world of legal practice, our research institutes and programs are incubators for new approaches to how law can best address complex problems in a fast-changing world.
Our diverse range of specialized research centres and programs provide valuable research opportunities and the chance to work directly with faculty members on projects at the core of their scholarly ambitions. Collaborating closely, our faculty and students publish papers and books that shift the theoretical and applied terrain within the legal profession and beyond.
- Canadian Partnership for International Justice wins SSHRC 2022 Partnership Award
- Schulich Law welcomes new Fellows
- CIHR names Dalhousie scholar Applied Public Health Chair
- Building a Better World with the Knowledge of Indigenous Peoples
- Exploring the Ethical and Professional Responsibilities of Business Lawyers