MUSIC ‑ Undergraduate Application & Audition
The Application and Audition Process
Step 1: Apply to the University Registrar
a) If you are applying for undergraduate admission to Dalhousie or to King’s, submit a completed Undergraduate Application for Admission to the appropriate Registrar’s Office. This form may be downloaded and/or you can apply online. Dalhousie web page: http://dal.ca/admissions. King’s web page http://ukings.ca/admissions.
b) If you are applying to come to Dalhousie as an Exchange student, please visit http://dal.ca/exchange to learn more about the application process.
Step 2: Apply to Audition for the Fountain School
Supplemental Application Form: Whether you are applying to enter a music degree program, to visit Dalhousie on an exchange, or to take applied study as an elective, the supplemental form is required to request an audition.
- The Supplemental Application Form is submitted directly to the Fountain School. Please do NOT send this form to the Registrar as this may cause delays in scheduling your audition.
- The form may be downloaded or submitted online.
- We are unable to schedule an audition without receipt of this form.
Step 3: Audition
All auditions for the 2021-22 academic year will be via video submission.
- Videos received by March 12, 2021 will be considered for music entrance funding.
- Video files must be provided through private web link with password to an online video sharing platform (YouTube or Vimeo).
- Additional testing materials will be sent to, and administered by, a music teacher in your area. Please provide contact details for a teacher when you apply.
Step 4: Admission Decisions
Audition results will be communicated to you and to the Registrar's Office by the Fountain School's Director. The Registrar's Office will inform you of your academic admissibility to Dalhousie University/King's. Please note that acceptance by both the Fountain School and Dalhousie/King's is required. The Fountain School cannot override admission decisions made by the university.
Applications to Dalhousie and to the Fountain School should be governed by the following dates. To be considered for an entrance scholarship, your undergraduate application must be complete (including all transcripts) by March 1.
|March 1, 2021||
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE! To audition for music scholarship consideration you must:
1. Ensure that your Undergraduate Application to Dalhousie (or King’s) is complete, including all high school or transfer institution transcripts. Apply at dal.ca/admissions. Remember to apply for a General Entrance Award Application. Visit dal.ca/scholarships.
2. Submit your 2021 Supplemental Application Form directly to the Fountain School of Performing Arts.
|March 12, 2021
||Applicants who wish to be considered for Music entrance scholarships must submit their video and completed proctored testing to the Fountain School by March 12, 2021.|
|Early April 2021||University and Music entrance scholarships announced|
|May 1, 2021||Late auditions, pending studio space availability (non-scholarship)|
|June 1, 2021||Applications received after June 1 are subject to a $25 late fee and pending studio availability.|