- Winter 2019
Phil 2490/CSCI 3101
6135 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Philosophy of Computing
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Philosophy of Mind
- Ph.D. (Philosophy and Cognitive Science), Indiana University
- M.Sc. (Computer Science), Indiana University
- B.A. Hons.(Philosophy), University of Toronto
• "Automated Mechanism Design with Co-Evolutionary Hierarchical Genetic Programming Techniques," with John Doucette. Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2012), ACM, forthcoming.
• "When Formal Systems Kill: Computer Ethics and Formal Methods," with Lee Pike. APA Newsletter on Philosophy and Computers, Vol. 11. No. 1 (Fall 2011) 6-13.
• "Descartes' Influence on Turing," Studies in the History and Philosophy of Science, 42 (2011) 544-551.
• “Philosophy of Mind Is (In Part) Philosophy of Computer Science," Minds and Machines Special Issue on the Philosophy of Computer Science, May 2011.
• “The Original Test: It’s Harder Than You Might Think,” Proceedings of the 36th Annual Convention of the Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and the Simulation of Behaviour, De Montford University, Leicester. March 2010.
• “Review of Supersizing the Mind by Andy Clark,” International Journal of Machine Consciousness, Vol. 1 No. 2, 2009; pp. 229-304.