- Indigenous Studies Minor
Learn about topics ranging from treaties to residential schools to land and resource issues.
- Indigineous Black and Mi'kmaq Initiative
This Schulich School of Law initiative works to increase representation of Indigenous Blacks and Mi'kmaq in the legal profession in order to reduce discrimination.
- Transition Year Program (TYP)
The TYP began in 1970 with a mandate to increase the access and the successful participation of Aboriginal and Black students at Dalhousie University.
- Aboriginal Student Centre
A supportive environment for Aboriginal students.
- Dalhousie Indigenous Students' Collective
A student society that provides recognition and representation of Native peoples' throughout Dalhousie's campus.
- Dalhousie Aboriginal Law Students Association (DALSA)
DALSA is a source of support and raises awareness of Aboriginal perspectives to both, the community within the Dalhousie Law School, and to the general public.
- Aboriginal and Indigenous Research
Discover some the research taking place at Dalhousie that's related to Aboriginal and Indigenous issues.
Library Research Guides (LibGuides)
- Respect and reconciliation: Dal Respect Reps make meaningful connections at national youth conference
- Exploring Indigenous history and heritage
- Celebrating the Aboriginal Health Sciences Initiative as Dal looks toward province‑wide services for students
- Honouring the life and continuing the work of Donald Marshall Jr.
- Connecting past and present
January 23, 2016.: 2017 Dalhousie-Horrocks National Leadership Lecture, Beyond Colonialism? Libraries for a Canada We Don't Yet Know (Co-sponsored by Halifax Public Libraries)
November 30, 2016: Tobacco Tie Workshop
November 29, 2016: The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fundraiser
November 9, 2016: Racism: Indigenous Perspectives
October 31, 2016: Brad Firth - Caribou Legs
October 6, 2016: 7th Annual Mawio'mi
September 30, 2016: Orange Shirt Day in recognition of the harm done by the residential school system & Dalhousie Elders in Residence presents a Mass Blanket Exercise
August 22, 2016: Dalhousie Elders in Residence Presents the Blanket Exercise
August 9, 2016: Dalhousie Elders in Residence Presents the Blanket Exercise
May 16, 2016: Panel discussion: Truth and Reconciliation in Action
April 19, 2016: Decolonizing the Academy: Responding to the TRC Calls to Action
March 4, 2016: Bringing an Indigenous Sensibility into the Classroom
March 4, 2016: A Primer on Indigenous Research Methodologies
March 2, 2016: Traditional Indigenous Health and Western Medicine
February 24, 2016: Racism: White, Black, Indigenous and Immigrant Perspectives
January 30, 2016: Wab Kinew: The Reason You Walk Speaking Engagement
November 4, 2015: Inuit Perspectives on Health and the Arts
October 7, 2015: Presentation - Two-Spirit Mental Health and Cultural Continuity
September 30, 2015: 6th Annual Mawio'mi