International Exchange Program

Spend a term studying abroad

Our JD program offers valuable opportunities to for Schulich Law students to study in other countries and in other legal traditions. Students are eligible to do an exchange in their third year of the program; exchanges are normally completed over one term. Courses/Credit hours taken on exchange do count towards your degree requirements.  While attending the exchange partner institution, tuition will be paid at Dalhousie.   

We also offer opportunities for students from around the world to come and spend a term studying at the Schulich School of Law.

Information for Schulich Law students

Partner institutions participating in the International Exchange  Program

With over 20 exchange partners, students can spend their exchanges at the following institutions:*

The International Linkages Committee does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. It is the responsibility of each student to verify the relevant information needed for attending the school(s) of their choice. 

Apply for an International Exchange

Exchanges are available during third year of study only, and eligibility is based on having a minimum B-  cumulative average.

Selection is by lottery and based upon the student's selected preference.

Students wanting more information on going on exchange please email or contact Cherilyn Macintosh, Room 439, Weldon Law Building.  

An information session is held the last Tuesday in January (January 30, 2024,) with applications being due by 12:00 noon February 9, 2024 .

Application Information   

Online exchange program application
Credit for participation cannot be received for more than one exchange program.

International Linkages Committee

Professor Richard Devlin

Chair, International Linkages Committee


Cherilyn MacIntosh

Administrative Coordinator, International Linkages  

Room 439 - Weldon Law Building

Tel: 902 494 4299 email:


Please be aware that some of the partner exchange schools’ terms end later than the term ends at Dalhousie and that various consequences could flow from having to defer graduation, including issues with bar admission courses, articles, clerkships, graduate school, and other employment issues.

Please also note that all courses taken while on exchange must be approved by the Associate Dean, Academic, and it is suggested students planning on applying to go on exchange meet with the Associate Dean, Academic.