PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Modern African history
- Intellectual history
- Social history
- History of slavery
- Colonial and post-colonial global history
- BA (Dalhousie)
- MA (Dalhousie)
- PhD (Toronto)
- Colonial Subjects: An African Intelligentsia and Atlantic Ideas. University Press of Virginia, Charlottesville, 2000.
- "Who Needs a Witch Doctor? Refiguring British Colonial Cinema in the 1940s," in Lee Grieveson and Colin MacCabe eds., Film and the End of Empire (London: Palgrave Macmillan for the British Film Institute, 2011), pp. 95-117
- "African Intellectuals and the Reconceptualization of Africa," in Misty Bastian and Jane Parpart, eds., Great Ideas for Teaching About Africa (Rienner, Boulder, 1999).
- "African History and Imperial Culture in Colonial Nigerian Schools," Africa 68 (1998).
- "Of Origins and Colonial Order: Southern Nigerian Historians and the 'Hamitic Hypothesis,' c. 1870-1970," Journal of African History 35 (1994).
- HIST 2425 F - Africa Disclosed: the patterns of Africa`s early history
- HIST 3430 W - Making of Colonial Africa, 1850-1930
- HIST 3436 W - The Rise and Fall of African Slavery
- HIST 4400 F - Topics in African History (2018-2019 Topic: Nationalism and Independence)
Office Hours Winter 2019
- Wednesdays: 1:00-2:00
- or by appointment