PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Modern German and European history
- Urban, local government
- Cultural exhibitions
- BA (UNB)
- MA (Toronto)
- PhD (York)
- Weimar Cities: The Challenge of Urban Modernity in Germany, 1919-1933. Routledge Studies in Modern European History, 2007.
- "The 'Urban Republic,'" in Weimar Germany (Short Oxford History of Germany), ed. Anthony McElligott (Oxford University Press, March 2009).
- "Defining French Fascism, Finding Fascists in France," Canadian Journal of History 29 (1994): 525-43; reprinted in Fascism, ed. Michael S. Neiberg (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2006), 289-307.
- “'The City Hall Lies in Front of All Eyes': The Crisis of Local Government and the End of the Weimar Republic, 1931-33,” Canadian Historical Association Annual Meeting, Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, 29 May 2006, York University, Toronto.
- Commentator and Chair, Panel on "The European Experience of North America from the 1930s to the Post-War Period / L'expérience des Européens en Amérique du Nord, des années 1930 à la période d'après-guerre," Canadian Historical Association Annual Meeting, Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, 29 May 2003, Dalhousie University.
- HIST 1510W - The History of the Future: how visions of the future have shaped history around the world (6-CREDIT HOUR COURSE TAKEN IN WITNER TERM ONLY. SATISFIES THE WRITING REQUIREMENT WHEN TAKEN WITH HISTORY 1022)
Office Hours Fall Term 2019:
- by appointment