Phone: 902 494 3361
Fax: 902 494 3349
- Indigenous and settler women's histories
- Material Culture
- Craft histories - needlework and textiles
- Digital Humanities
BAH (Human Geography, Queen's)
MA (Human Georgraphy, Queen's)
PhD (Art History and Material Culture, Queen's)
Stitching the Self: Identity and the Needle Arts. Eds. Lisa Binkley and Joanna Amos (Bloomsbury Academic, 2019).
Material Identities: Quilts in Canada and their Makers (UBC Press, forthcoming).
Peer-Reviewed Articles and Book Chapters
"Piecing Heritage in Transition: The Lakota Sioux Star Quilt as a Symbol of Pan-Indigeneity," in Craft and Heritage: Intersections in Critical Studies and Practice (Bloomsbury Academic, 2020).
"Marketing Reserve Craft at Agricultural Fairs in the Nineteenth Century," Journal of Canadian Art History, Special Edition, 2019.
"Whig's Defeat: Stitching Scottish Identities in Quebec." in Stitching the Self: Identity and the Needle Arts. Eds. Lisa Binkley and Joanna Amos (Bloomsbury Academic, 2019).
- HIST 2050F - Issues in Indigenous Studies
- HIST 4500F - Museums, Archives, and Material Culture
- HIST 2900W - Introduction to Art History and Visual Culture
- HIST 3222W - Indigenous Textiles in Canada
- Wednesdays from 10:00-12:00
- and Thursdays from 1:00 - 2:00