- United States History (1865-present)
- History of Gender and Sexuality
- African American History
- Queer and Transgender Studies
- BA (English Literature/Women’s Studies) – DePaul University
- MA (Interdisciplinary Humanities) – University of Chicago
- PhD (History) – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- HIST 2615/GWST 2301 Making Gender: Sex & Gender from the American Revolution
- HIST 3600 Social Justice in US History (20th c)
- HIST 4501 US Colonialism and Post-colonialism
- HIST 2332 The American Republic from 1865 (survey)
- HIST 3369 America in the 1960
- HIST 2335 Modern American Culture
- Thursdays 1:00-2:00
- By appointment
- Fisher, Simon D. Elin. “Challenging Dissemblance in Pauli Murray Historiography, Sketching a History of the Trans New Negro,” Journal of African American History, 104.2 (2019).
- Republished in Narrow, Stephanie, Kim Carry Warren, and Judy Tzu-Chun Wu, eds. Unequal Sisters: A Revolutionary Reader in U.S. Women’s History. Routledge, 2023.
- Fisher, Simon D. Elin, Ido Katri, and Rasheedah Phillips, eds., Somatechnics - Trans Temporalities [special issue], 7.1 (2017).
- Fisher, Simon D. Elin. “Pauli Murray’s Peter Panic: Perspectives from the Margins of Race and Gender in Jim Crow America,” Transgender Studies Quarterly, 3.1 (2016).
- Republished in Stryker, Susan, and Dylan McCarthy Blackston, eds. The Transgender Studies Reader Remix. Routledge, 2022.