Resources for Current Students
We have lots of resources available to support our undergraduate and graduate students, including:
- A comprehensive style guide
- Graduate student handbook
- Information on how to join the Undergraduate History Society.
- Undergraduate and Honours advising offered by Dr. Denis Kozlov
- Graduate advising offered by Dr. Colin Mitchell
- Find Your Professors through the Faculty Directory
For information about our current course offerings, please consult dal.ca/timetable or the Undergraduate Calendar.
Read our latest newsletter to learn more about what our faculty and students have been up to over the past year.
Lawrence D. Stokes Seminar
The Stokes Seminar Series is a gathering of faculty, graduate students, and senior undergraduates is an opportunity to highlight current research by Dalhousie historians and visiting scholars from across Europe and North America. The seminar is held on Friday afternoons, between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m., and drafts of articles and book chapters are pre-circulated via email. If you would like to be included on the email list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, check out the Fall 2023 Stokes schedule [PDF 187KB].
- Department of History [pdf - 549KB]
- Minor in Indigenous Studies [pdf - 143KB]
- Minor in Black and African Diaspora Studies [pdf - 254KB]
- Certificate in Indigenous Studies [pdf - 654KB]
- Certificate in Art History and Visual Culture [pdf - 258KB]
- Minor in Middle East and South Asian Studies [link]
- Certificate in Heritage Studies [pdf-524KB]