News» Go to news main
Associate Prof Sarah Bradley appointed to Vice‑Chair of the Canadian Securities Administrators
CSA members appointed Sarah Bradley, Chair of the Nova Scotia Securities Commission, to a two-year term as Vice-Chair of the CSA. "We will continue to apply the CSA's strategic principles and pursue our efforts toward the implementation of a more harmonized and streamlined securities regime in Canada," noted Ms. Bradley.
The CSA, the council of securities regulators of Canada's provinces and territories, coordinate and harmonize regulation for the Canadian capital markets. Their mandate is to protect investors from unfair or fraudulent practices through regulation of the securities industry. Part of this protection is educating investors about the risk, responsibilities and rewards of investing.
SOURCE: Canadian Securities Administrators
- KUDOS! Professor Jocelyn Downie appointed inaugural James S. Palmer Chair in Public Policy and Law
- KUDOS! Alumnus Mark Knox, QC (LLB '85) receives 2018 Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service
- KUDOS! Professor Naiomi Metallic named to Canadian Lawyer's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers list
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring