News» Go to news main
JSD Candidate and instructor wins essay competition
JSD candidate and instructor in Animals and the Law, Katie Sykes, has won an international essay competition: the Society for International Economic Law and Cambridge University Press 2012 Prize for an Essay on International Economic Law.
Her essay, "Sealing Animal Welfare into the GATT Exceptions: The International Dimension of Animal Welfare in WTO Disputes" edged out international competition, including the Highly Commended submission from Andrew Jerjian, University of Oxford.
The competition carries cash and other awards, as well as submission of the essay to the World Trade Review for publication.
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts