News» Go to news main
JSD Candidate and instructor wins essay competition
JSD candidate and instructor in Animals and the Law, Katie Sykes, has won an international essay competition: the Society for International Economic Law and Cambridge University Press 2012 Prize for an Essay on International Economic Law.
Her essay, "Sealing Animal Welfare into the GATT Exceptions: The International Dimension of Animal Welfare in WTO Disputes" edged out international competition, including the Highly Commended submission from Andrew Jerjian, University of Oxford.
The competition carries cash and other awards, as well as submission of the essay to the World Trade Review for publication.
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment