The University’s safety policies are guided by Nova Scotia’s provincial workplace safety act, based on the Internal Responsibility System. This means that students, supervisors and administrators of a workplace share responsibility for health and safety — in other words, safety in the workplace is the responsibility of each of us.
The Faculty of Architecture and Planning has developed a Faculty Workplace Safety Framework. This document provides:
- an overview of Dalhousie’s workplace safety policies;
- an explanation of what this means for activities in the Faculty of Architecture and Planning;
- advice and procedures for working safely on extramural free labs or design-build activities;
- advice and procedures for safe travelling, whether on field trips or internationally;
- rules for using the Faculty’s technical facilities and equipment whether on-campus or off-campus;
- forms you must submit before engaging in off-campus activities;
- accident or incident report forms.
- Overview of University Safety Policies
- Faculty Workplace Safety Framework
- Rules for Use of Technical Facilities and Equipment
- Forms 4A, 4B, 4D, 4E
4A. Student Travel Information
4B. Student Acknowledgment of Risk for Off-Campus Activities
4C. Request for Certificate of Insurance
4D. Off-Campus Activity Information Sheet and Risk Assessment
4E. Sample Letter of Understanding
4F. Accident Report
Download the two Travel Forms (Form 4A: Student Travel Information; and Form 4B: Student Acknowledgment of Risk for Off-Campus Activities). You must fill them in and submit them to the Architecture office or the Planning office before leaving on any off-campus travel or activities.