Room HB-8 (main floor, Medjuck Building; behind the red wall)
- students have 24-hour access
- parts of the collection are available only through an assistant (TBA)
The Resource Centre database lists items in the Resource Centre: architectural reference collection, pre-1998 MArch thesis reports, building plans, planning bylaws, local strategic plans, planning resource collection, professional practice and work term material, unpublished rpeorts, and the VHS and DVD collection. Select ImagesArchPlan or ResourcesArchPlan > Guest Account > (account name and password are not needed) > Login.
Maps (browse map cases)
- topographic maps of the local area at various scales
- soil and geology maps of the province
- historic Halifax maps and miscellaneous maps
- 1:1000 maps of Halifax and Dartmouth are scanned and available from Anita's Public Folder on the Faculty's Macintosh network: Open Mac HD > Network > Local > Anita's computer > Guest (no login needed) > Connect > MAPSscnd > bigMapCase > 1to1000.
External Map Sources
- Map Collection and GIS Centre at the Killam Library (Studley Campus)
- NS Datalocator (select Launch Indexing System)
- local aerial photographs in two formats: as prints and as 600-dpi scans in Anita's Public Folder on the Faculty network
- online index to aerial photographs of Nova Scotia: NS Datalocator (select Launch Indexing System)
External Research Sites
- HRM Archives, 81 Isley Av., Unit 11, Dartmouth (Burnside area)
- Nova Scotia Archives, 6016 University Av. at Robie St.
- Halifax Central Library, 5440 Spring Garden Rd. at Queen St.
See the Image Collections page.
Access and Borrowing
- Loan period: one week
- Record your name on the sign-out sheet on the wall by the entrance.
- Items labeled "For use in Resource Centre only" cannot be borrowed.
- Maps are accessible at all times; please sign them out.
- Building plans are listed in the Resource Centre database.
- Bound thesis reports since 1998 are kept on shelves in the faculty area. They may be used only in the faculty area; they may not be borrowed or signed out.
- Reference material for courses is kept in magazine file boxes on the reference shelf. Items may be signed out overnight by recording your name on the sign-out sheet by the entrance.
- multi-function copier: scans (B&W) to email, copies (B&W) up to 11 x 17"
- two lab computers for student use
- 11" x 17" flatbed scanner
- Cerlox binding machine
- electric stapler
- light table
- cutting mats and knives
Photocopying and Scanning
- Resource Centre photocopier (B&W only) requires a DalCard (10¢/page)
- For colour printing, see Photocopying (Arch Tabloid Colour printer in the East Studio).
- For large-format scanning and printing, see Digital Printing (Digital Printing Lab, Room HA15, on the ground floor).
- External sources include Staples (Gottingen at Cogswell, just north of Citadel Hill).
Architecture Student Mailboxes
Please check your mailbox regularly for incoming mail.
Lost and Found
Items are placed on the shelf below the mailboxes.