ABLE @ Dal Orientation
Orientation for students with disabilities
Note: Able@Dal registration is now open!
Able@Dal Orientation - Friday, September 1, 2023. The event starts at 9:00 a.m. (Atlantic Time)
Location: In-person event (location TBD)
Able@Dal is an Orientation program specifically designed for first-year Dalhousie and King's students who are receiving academic accommodations due to a disability or medical condition.
Led by staff, faculty and students, Able@Dal focuses on skill development and learning strategies that are essential to your success as a student. Students are strongly encouraged to attend this event. Benefits include:
- Hearing first-hand from students about what it means to be a student with accommodations.
- Developing a better understanding of accommodations at Dalhousie and King's and how to ask for support.
- Hearing first-hand from professors on classroom expectations and ways to be successful.
- Learning how to request and use your accommodations and different supports on campus.
- Meeting your Access Advisor and the rest of the Student Accessibility Centre Team.
More Able@Dal Events:
Writing Centre Support - Date and Time TBD
Synchronous online event
Speaker: Kala Hirtle, Writing Advisor
Friends and Family Session - Date and Time TBD
Synchronous online event. More details coming soon!
Assistive Technology Demonstration - Date and Time TBD
Synchronous online event.
Speakers: Alyson Young, Abby Smith, and Maria McNeil