Need a place to study on campus? The Studying for Success Program has booked shared rooms that will be available for your use from Dec. 7th-17th. Click here for the full list.
Become a more efficient and effective learner
Whether you're doing well and want to do better or if you are experiencing academic difficulty, we can help you reach your academic potential during your time at Dalhousie.
A few reasons to visit:
- You're attending class regularly but you feel like you're missing important points
- You feel like you don't have enough time to get everything done
- You’d like to bring together key concepts in both lectures and textbooks
- You want to be fully prepared to write an exam
- You're doing well in your courses, but think you could do better
- You’ve experienced some academic failure, whether one paper, one assignment, one midterm or final exam, one or more classes
Workshops and services
- Effective Reading Strategies
- Short Answer & Essay Exams: Avoiding the Blank Page
- Note-taking & Listening Techniques
- A, B, or C? Strategies for Multiple Choice Exams
- Presentation & Speaking Skills
- Working in a Group: Getting Started
- Working in a Group: Moving Forward
- Managing Time & Avoiding Procrastination
- Get Focused: Concentration & Memorization
Complete a self assessment
Take our brief study skills assessment to find out which workshops may be best suited to your needs.