Who we are and what we do
Advisors provide academic support to current Dalhousie University and King's students. We coach, support and guide students to set and meet educational and career goals.
Before you meet with your advisor:
- Make a list of questions you want to ask. Try to be as specific as possible – this will help you clarify your concerns.
- Look in the Undergraduate Calendar for information about your questions.
- Look up academic dates and deadlines that relate to your questions.
- Remember, that your advising meeting is held in confidence, so prepare to engage in a discussion beyond course choice and program options.
During your meeting:
- Tell your advisor as much as you can about why you are meeting with them. The more your advisor knows about your situation, the more they can help you.
- It is always a good idea to write down suggestions your advisor offers (on paper or in your smart phone) so that you remember which steps to take next.
- Ask your advisor for help to make a list of next steps if you need it.
- Schedule a follow-up ... Rome wasn't built in a day!