On Tuesday, September 7th, 2021 the Accessibility Centre reopened to the public. All appointments must be pre-booked. Students must wear a mask in the space at all times.
Both in-person and virtual appointments are available.
Our Reception is open from 8:30am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
See below for more information about the Student Accessibility Centre.
Committed to full access of your living and learning campus communities
The Student Accessibility Centre (Halifax) and the Student Success Centre (Truro) are Dalhousie’s centres of expertise on student access, inclusion, and accommodation support. We work collaboratively with Dalhousie and King's students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive educational environment for students. The Centre is responsible for administering the university-wide Student Accommodation Policy working across all programs and faculties.
We can support you in a number of ways:
- Facilitate access to academic courses and programs, facilities, services, and activities
- Identify classroom, exam and other accommodations (e.g. co-op) to reduce barriers to your learning
- Advocate on behalf of, and alongside you to ensure reasonable accommodations are available and implemented
- Assist you in accessing funding for students with disabilities
- Connect you with on- and off-campus resources to enhance your success