If you are looking for assistance in understanding specific course content and assignments, or preparing for tests and exams, our tutors are able to help. We can match you to an appropriate tutor in your field of study.
We are still here for you!
All students can still request tutors, pay fees and be matched to tutors. Since we are all working remotely, everything is now being done online. All request forms can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Assessment (and other) appointments with study coaches are being done virtually. In addition, tutoring payments are being done virtually.
Requesting a tutor: 4 easy steps
- Read, complete and sign the Tutee Request Form and the Tutee Agreement/Code of Ethics
- Email the completed, signed forms (Tutee Request Form and Tutee Agreement) to email@example.com
- Make a virtual appointment for a BRIEF study skills assessment, which needs to take place BEFORE you are matched with a tutor
- Pay the required fees - $20/hr plus a one-time $5 admin fee (as stated in the tutee ethics agreement and the tutoring constitution) IN ADVANCE OF your tutoring appointments.
- Once you pay, you will then be matched with a tutor within 2 business days.
Fees ($20/hr. plus a one-time admin fee of $5) should be paid to our office, using DalCard by giving us written explicit permission to redeem the money from your DalCard.
*Please never pay the tutors directly!*
Money can be easily loaded on to your DalCard by using the online DalCard service. Once we're back on campus, money can also be loaded from many on-campus vendors.
Once you initially submit your tutoring paperwork and do your assessment, there is no need to follow this procedure every time you require a new tutor in the future. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if we have a tutor in your requested course, and if there is then pay the fees in advance. You will then be matched with a tutor.
All rules and regulations for tutoring can be found in detail in the Tutoring Constitution.