Become a Tutor
Are you a current Dalhousie or King's student or a recent alumnus with an area of expertise and the willingness to help out other students? Our Tutoring program provides a great opportunity for you to become a tutor in specific fields of study.
Tutors will be recognized on the CCR.
Applying to become a tutor
- Read the Tutor Job Description and Tutoring Constitution
- Read and sign the Tutor Agreement/Code of Ethics
- Email the signed form (Tutor Agreement) and all other required documents (as stated in the job description) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of intent MUST contain the specific Dal courses (with course name and number) in which you wish to tutor.
- Professors/instructors (past or current) may email their letters of recommendation directly to the Coordinator, if it is more convenient for them to do so.
- Transcripts can be official OR unofficial and MUST show that you've taken the courses, in which you'd like to tutor, and received at least an A-.
- If you've completed credits or degrees at another institution, you may use the Dal Online Transfer Equivalencies tool to determine which courses you’d be eligible to tutor at Dal.