John McCollum 3rd Year Undergrad, has been selected for Geotenerife's volcano monitoring internship in Tenerife, during August, 2016. This competitive programme draws from applicants across North America, the UK and Europe, with 17 internships awarded to 76 applicants.
You can see exactly what John and other interns will be doing, and what he will learn, on the Geotenerife website here: http://geotenerife.com/?page_id=3798
His progress, and that of all interns, will be updated via the Geotenerife Twitter feed this summer: @geotenerife.
Earth Sciences Honours Thesis Awards
Folks, it is a pleasure to announce the honours thesis awards for 2015-16.
- Best thesis mark to Rob Varcoe, for the thesis entitled "Does evapotranspiration ever increase when forests are converted to grasslands?" (Supervisor: Sterling)
- Best presentation mark to Elliot McLauchlan, for the thesis entitled "The impact of climate change on streamflow in the Blueberry River, Northern British Columbia, and the potential influence on oil and gas development" (Supervisors: Plug/Chapman)
Thanks again to all the students, supervisors, readers, and especially to Lawrence Plug for making this such a great event.
Professor and Department Chair
NOTE: All student theses will be published to our webpage as soon as we receive the final copy.
Earth Sciences Alumni News
- Congratulations to Leigh van Drecht - Her photo of the Dalhousie field school made the cover of the August edition of the AAPG Explorer!
Article - Between Rocks and the Hard Sciences
- Congrats to the Dalhousie Earth Sciences, EAGE Student Chapter 2015
- Long-distance Snorkel Relays in Arctic Waters
Susan Eaton - April 2015
Department News from DalNews
Grad profile: A passion to discover
June 1, 2016 8:30 AM
Helping students succeed: Meet this year's Dal teaching award winners
May 11, 2016 8:30 AM
Kathryn Sullivan's great adventures
April 28, 2016 8:30 AM
Dal shines at the 2015 Discovery Awards
November 24, 2015 8:30 AM
Dal students take home top prize in international geoscience competition
July 7, 2015 8:30 AM