Top 7 reasons to study French at Dalhousie:
- Size: Largest French program in an anglophone university east of Quebec.
- Diversity: Faculty come from francophone regions in Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Choice: Courses connect you to a global culture and literature of la francophonie.
- Small class sizes: Averaging 30 students or less, we create a socially active, tight-knit community.
- Travel: Students say our study abroad programs in France and Senegal are life-changing.
- Strong linguistics stream: Improves teaching and translation skills.
- Career prospects: Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages opens doors in the job market.