News» Go to news main
KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
In May, 14 of Nova Scotia's top lawyers will be awarded the prestigious Queen's Counsel (Q.C.) designation. The Schulich School of Law is proud to report that 11 of them are alumni of our law school.
Our alumni who have been appointed are:
• Marcia Brennan (LLB '83)
• Ingrid Brodie (LLB '89)
• Lena Metlege Diab (LLB '90)
• Allen Murray (LLB '90)
• Alonzo C. Wright (LLB '94)
• Denise Mentis-Smith (LLB '95)
• Cheryl A. Canning (LLB '97)
• James Rossiter (LLB '98)
• Aleta C. Cromwell (LLB '98)
• Andrew Fraser (LLB '91)
• Kevin Donald Gibson (LLM '00)
Click here to read the Department of Justice news release.
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Who's in the Middle of a Spat Between the U.S. and China? Canada"
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Canada's extradition act on display with world watching Meng case: experts"
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Second Canadian now believed in trouble in China, Freeland admits"
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Trump can stop Huawei extradition, but not without consequences"
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Canada caught between a rock and a hard place in the case of Huawei's Meng Wanzhou"
- Schulich School of Law's Response to the TRC Calls to Action
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Bail hearing for Huawei executive"
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "On the Huawei extradition case, Canada's legal system better stand up to scrutiny"