News» Go to news main
KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
Congratulations to the Dalhousie Black Law Students' Association, which was awarded Chapter of the Year 2017–2018 at the Black Law Students' Association of Canada's annual conference in Montreal on Feb. 17. What a tremendous accomplishment!
"As a DBLSA family, we are honoured and grateful to have been recognized nationally for the work we've done together as a team this year," says DBLSA president Fenessa Williiams-Apostolakos. "It's our pleasure to give back to the community, enhance Weldon, and support one another throughout our law school journey. We are humbled and look forward to continuing the work we've started."
Pictured in the above photo are DBLSA students (from left, back row) Marko Simmonds, Keisha Wright, Desiree Jones, Dominique Oliver-Dares, Fenessa Williams-Apostolakos (holding the award), Nashara Peart (Canadian Black Law Students' Association president), Roberto Walcott, and Duan Fornier-Ash. (Front row, from left) DBLSA students Nico Jones and Martin Owusu.
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts