News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
Congratulations to Schulich School of Law Professor Matthew Herder, Director of the Health Law Institute, who with several partners has been awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant for the project “Beyond Transparency in Pharma Research + Regulation."
The four-year grant for the multidisciplinary, multi-institution project has a total funding of $489,600 and will begin in April. Working with Health Canada and other knowledge users, the research team will draft a set of best practices for making pharmaceutical data transparent so physicians, governments, and Canadians can make informed decisions about what drugs to prescribe, pay for, and consume.
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Campbellton Region of New Brunswick Reverted to Orange Level"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "What happens when a doctor breaks quarantine? N.B. health worker’s ‘bad decision’ raises questions about consequences"
- Student research at the crossroads of health law and policy
- Professor Richard Devlin ft in "Calls for an inquiry into Nova Scotia mass shooting"
- Professor Richard Devlin ft in "Provincial court judge makes waves opposing waterfront development near her home"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "What is illegal under COVID‑19 regulations"
- Professor Archibald Kaiser ft in "Heather O’Brien was murdered in the Nova Scotia shooting. It took the RCMP seven hours to tell her family"
- Professor Elaine Craig ft in "Nova Scotia can – and must – call an inquiry into the Portapique massacre"