News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
Congratulations to Schulich School of Law Professor Matthew Herder, Director of the Health Law Institute, who with several partners has been awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant for the project “Beyond Transparency in Pharma Research + Regulation."
The four-year grant for the multidisciplinary, multi-institution project has a total funding of $489,600 and will begin in April. Working with Health Canada and other knowledge users, the research team will draft a set of best practices for making pharmaceutical data transparent so physicians, governments, and Canadians can make informed decisions about what drugs to prescribe, pay for, and consume.
- Professor Jodi Lazare ft in " 'Free Willy' law spotlights contradictions in how Canadians see animal rights"
- Professor Rob Currie ft in "Evidence erased by police would have freed wrongfully convicted man: defence lawyer"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Wayne MacKay breaks down the legal issues surrounding Quebec's religious symbols law"
- Family Matters: Alex MacNab helps clients create families through the growing practice of fertility law
- Professor Jodi Lazare ft in "‘Free Willy’ law spotlights contradictions in how Canadians see animal rights"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Democracy watchdog calls for investigation of judicial appointments by N.B. MP"
- Professor Jodi Lazare ft in "Animals: Family at home, property at court | Victoria Shroff"
- Professor Naiomi Metallic ft in "An Act respecting First Nations, Métis and Inuit children, youth and families: Does Bill C‑92 Make the Grade?"