News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
Congratulations to Schulich School of Law Professor Matthew Herder, Director of the Health Law Institute, who with several partners has been awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant for the project “Beyond Transparency in Pharma Research + Regulation."
The four-year grant for the multidisciplinary, multi-institution project has a total funding of $489,600 and will begin in April. Working with Health Canada and other knowledge users, the research team will draft a set of best practices for making pharmaceutical data transparent so physicians, governments, and Canadians can make informed decisions about what drugs to prescribe, pay for, and consume.
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession
- KUDOS! Alumna Diane MacDonald appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia in Vancouver
- KUDOS! Alumni Misty Morrison and Marc Nojh appointed Crown attorneys in Yarmouth
- Derek Twyman, a Canadian recently released from a North Carolina prison, shared his long road to freedom with law school audience
- IN MEMORIAM: Judge Roy Edward "Bud" Kimball
- KUDOS! Four law school alumni in the newest QCs announced for Newfoundland and Labrador
- KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers