News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
Congratulations to Schulich School of Law Professor Matthew Herder, Director of the Health Law Institute, who with several partners has been awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant for the project “Beyond Transparency in Pharma Research + Regulation."
The four-year grant for the multidisciplinary, multi-institution project has a total funding of $489,600 and will begin in April. Working with Health Canada and other knowledge users, the research team will draft a set of best practices for making pharmaceutical data transparent so physicians, governments, and Canadians can make informed decisions about what drugs to prescribe, pay for, and consume.
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "More than 100 Canadian jurists demand Ottawa block any new bid by France to extradite Diab"
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "Canada’s extradition process with France over Oblate priest ‘atrocious’, says prof"
- Professor Sara Ross named one of Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "A proof‑of‑vaccination requirement is coming. A lawyer explains the ins and outs"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "THINKING OUT LOUD WITH SHELDON MacLEOD: Vaccine policy or passport? Legally the same"
- Professor Olabisi Akinkugbe ft in "Schulich law professor accepts grant for research on trade‑related illicit financial flows in Africa"
- New Faculty Appointments in 2021
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Hundreds of Nova Scotians are on hidden bad tenant lists on Facebook"