News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
Congratulations to Schulich School of Law Professor Matthew Herder, Director of the Health Law Institute, who with several partners has been awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant for the project “Beyond Transparency in Pharma Research + Regulation."
The four-year grant for the multidisciplinary, multi-institution project has a total funding of $489,600 and will begin in April. Working with Health Canada and other knowledge users, the research team will draft a set of best practices for making pharmaceutical data transparent so physicians, governments, and Canadians can make informed decisions about what drugs to prescribe, pay for, and consume.
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Portapique killings: Will Ottawa keep thousands of Mass Casualty Commission inquiry records intact?"
- Canadian Partnership for International Justice wins SSHRC 2022 Partnership Award
- Professor Sheila Wildeman ft in "Mainstreet NS with Jeff Douglas"
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "Hassan Diab supporters urge government to deny extradition"
- Dalhousie Legal Aid Service ft in "Nova Scotia studying creation of enforcement unit for tenant‑landlord disputes"
- Professor Sara Seck ft in "Facing up to climate loss and damage"
- Professor Aldo Chircop ft in "Clear Seas: How rules and regulations impact marine trade in Canada"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Rejecting unproven claims prevents 'mob' takeover of convoy inquiry: Murray Sinclair"