Several of our faculty members have been busy writing and editing books and articles in their areas of expertise. Here are just a few of their accomplishments:
• Professor Richard Devlin has co-edited the book Regulating Judges: Beyond Independence and Accountability (Edward Elgar) with Adam Dodek of the University of Ottawa's Faculty of Law.
• Professor Meinhard Doelle has co-edited the book The Paris Climate Agreement: Analysis and Commentary with Daniel Klein, Maria Pia Carazo, Jane Bulmer, and Andrew Higham. He also co-authored one chapter and authored the chapter that provides the overall assessment of the Paris Climate Agreement. It will be published in May by Oxford University Press.
• Professor Jocelyn Downie has co-authored the article "Next Up: A Proposal for Values-Based Law Reform on Unilateral Withholding and Withdrawal of Potentially Life-Sustaining Treatment" in the Alberta Law Review, Vol. 54, No. 3, special Health Law issue.
• Professor Constance MacIntosh has authored the article "Indigenous Mental Health: Imagining a Future Where Action Follows Obligations and Promises" in the Alberta Law Review, Vol. 54, No. 3, special Health Law issue.
• Professor Joanna Erdman has authored the article "A Constitutional Future for Abortion Rights in Canada" in the Alberta Law Review, Vol. 54, No. 3, special Health Law issue.
Please let us know when and where you've been published! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Professor Adelina Iftene's research aims to improve access to justice and health care for prisoners
- KUDOS! Alumna Tilly Pillay (LLB '89) named new executive director of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- KUDOS! Former law school professor Bruce Wildsmith receives the NSBS 2017 Distinguished Service Award
- KUDOS! Law school alumna Ann Marie Simmons (LLB '83) appointed new Provincial and Family Court judge
- KUDOS! Professor David VanderZwaag's Canada Research Chair has been renewed for seven years
- IN MEMORIAM: David A. Stewart (LLB '59)
- KUDOS! Professor Kim Brooks and alumna Nathalie Goyette appointed to the Judicial Advisory Committee for the Tax Court of Canada
- Former Chief Justice Thomas Cromwell joined members of the Cape Breton Bar Society for breakfast on Oct. 6