News» Go to news main
KUDOS! To Schulich Law's Laskin Moot Team
Professor Jodi Lazare is pleased to report on Dalhousie’s performance at this year’s Laskin Moot, which she coached and which took place in Ottawa on March 2, 3 and 4:
"Our students mooted exceptionally well and should take pride in having given their strongest performances. Appellants Teagan Markin and Vinidhra Vaitheeswaran faced the University of Toronto and Western and had the honour of arguing their case in front of Justice Paul Rouleau of the Ontario Court of Appeal. Respondents Sophie DeViller (mooting in French) and George Franklin mooted against the University of Saskatchewan and Queens. All four of the mooters were poised and polished in the face of tough questions from the judges and demonstrated an impressive knowledge of the law.
"While in Ottawa, the team also had the privilege of visiting Parliament as guests of Senator Kim Pate (LLB '84). Our presence was announced by the Speaker of the Senate at the opening of Thursday’s sitting.
"I am proud of our students for their performance in a very competitive environment. Dalhousie’s team was impressive in the courtroom and professional and collegial at all of the weekend’s events.
"Our thanks go out to the faculty members, lawyers, and judges who helped us prepare for the moot."
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts
- Schulich Law students, staff, and faculty support Jordan's Principle and the Spirit Bear Plan on Bear Witness Day 2018
- Schulich Law Professor Jonathon Penney's "chilling" Internet‑regulation research is more urgent now than ever
- KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
- Schulich Law's first Mini Law School on the Road public lecture explored how to legally protect Indigenous culture
- Portrait of Burnley "Rocky" Jones (LLB '92) unveiled in Weldon's Atrium
- KUDOS! Five Schulich School of Law students win 2017‑2018 Impact Awards