News» Go to news main
KUDOS! To Schulich Law's Laskin Moot Team
Professor Jodi Lazare is pleased to report on Dalhousie’s performance at this year’s Laskin Moot, which she coached and which took place in Ottawa on March 2, 3 and 4:
"Our students mooted exceptionally well and should take pride in having given their strongest performances. Appellants Teagan Markin and Vinidhra Vaitheeswaran faced the University of Toronto and Western and had the honour of arguing their case in front of Justice Paul Rouleau of the Ontario Court of Appeal. Respondents Sophie DeViller (mooting in French) and George Franklin mooted against the University of Saskatchewan and Queens. All four of the mooters were poised and polished in the face of tough questions from the judges and demonstrated an impressive knowledge of the law.
"While in Ottawa, the team also had the privilege of visiting Parliament as guests of Senator Kim Pate (LLB '84). Our presence was announced by the Speaker of the Senate at the opening of Thursday’s sitting.
"I am proud of our students for their performance in a very competitive environment. Dalhousie’s team was impressive in the courtroom and professional and collegial at all of the weekend’s events.
"Our thanks go out to the faculty members, lawyers, and judges who helped us prepare for the moot."
- A descendent of former Dean Donald MacRae and Clan MacRae members enjoyed a visit to our law school
- KUDOS! Alumnus W. Paul Riley (LLB '95) appointed to the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- The Schulich School of Law is looking to hire a Director, Student Services and Engagement
- KUDOS! To Professor Lorraine Lafferty on her retirement
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 74 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Faye Woodman on her retirement
- KUDOS! To Professor Wayne MacKay on his retirement
- KUDOS! To Professor Vaughan Black on his retirement