News» Go to news main
KUDOS! To Schulich Law's Laskin Moot Team
Professor Jodi Lazare is pleased to report on Dalhousie’s performance at this year’s Laskin Moot, which she coached and which took place in Ottawa on March 2, 3 and 4:
"Our students mooted exceptionally well and should take pride in having given their strongest performances. Appellants Teagan Markin and Vinidhra Vaitheeswaran faced the University of Toronto and Western and had the honour of arguing their case in front of Justice Paul Rouleau of the Ontario Court of Appeal. Respondents Sophie DeViller (mooting in French) and George Franklin mooted against the University of Saskatchewan and Queens. All four of the mooters were poised and polished in the face of tough questions from the judges and demonstrated an impressive knowledge of the law.
"While in Ottawa, the team also had the privilege of visiting Parliament as guests of Senator Kim Pate (LLB '84). Our presence was announced by the Speaker of the Senate at the opening of Thursday’s sitting.
"I am proud of our students for their performance in a very competitive environment. Dalhousie’s team was impressive in the courtroom and professional and collegial at all of the weekend’s events.
"Our thanks go out to the faculty members, lawyers, and judges who helped us prepare for the moot."
- Get to Know...Professor Jodi Lazare
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin co‑edits the International Commission of Jurists Canada book "Canada and the Rule of Law"
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin is co‑editor and co‑author of the groundbreaking book "Regulating Judges"
- Get to Know...Professor Adelina Iftene
- The Nova Scotia Judiciary launches a mentorship program for African Nova Scotian and Indigenous lawyers who want to become judges
- KUDOS! Ian Hanomansing (LLB '86) named a host of the revamped The National
- Get to Know...Professor Lucie Guibault
- KUDOS! Christa Brothers (LLB '96) appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia