News» Go to news main
KUDOS! 13 alumni receive prestigious QC designation
Congratulations to our alumni members who recently received the honourary title of Queen's Counsel for 2017. The QC designation is awarded each year to members of the legal profession to recognize exceptional merit and outstanding contribution to the legal community.
Randall P.H. Balcome (LLB '81)
Sheree Lynn Conlon (LLB '96)
Peter James Craig (LLB '91)
Kathryn M. Dumke (LLB '92)
David Gerald Henley (LLM '03)
Megan Longley (LLB '94)
Loretta Marie Manning (LLB '99)
Pamela Marche (LLB '95)
Bernard Miller (LLB '88)
Richard W.P. Murphy (LLB '83)
Kathryn A. Raymond (LLB '85)
Kelly J. Serbu (LLB '96)
Candace L. Thomas (LLB '95)
"This designation recognizes the great contributions made by some outstanding Nova Scotia lawyers and their personal and professional commitment to our province," said Justice Minister Diana Whalen when she announced the appointments on Feb. 23. "We educate and are served by some of the best lawyers in the country. Nova Scotia is proud of them."
The Schulich School of Law is proud of them too. Kudos, all!
- Register now for the upcoming International Conference on End‑of‑Life Law, Ethics, Policy, and Practice
- KUDOS! Raymond Adlington (LLB '96) has been elected to the CBA's incoming board of directors
- ICYMI: KUDOS! Schulich Law Grads appointed to courts in BC and Ontario
- KUDOS! Seven Schulich Law grads appointed to Judicial Advisory Committees
- "Unlocking the Cage" film screening and Animals as Legal Persons? panel shone a spotlight on the need for legislation reform in Canada
- IN MEMORIAM: David Ignatius Jones, QC (LLB '56)
- KUDOS! Moira McConnell authors chapters in a book that considers the changes in work on board merchant ships
- Faculty publishing kudos!