News» Go to news main
KUDOS! 13 alumni receive prestigious QC designation
Congratulations to our alumni members who recently received the honourary title of Queen's Counsel for 2017. The QC designation is awarded each year to members of the legal profession to recognize exceptional merit and outstanding contribution to the legal community.
Randall P.H. Balcome (LLB '81)
Sheree Lynn Conlon (LLB '96)
Peter James Craig (LLB '91)
Kathryn M. Dumke (LLB '92)
David Gerald Henley (LLM '03)
Megan Longley (LLB '94)
Loretta Marie Manning (LLB '99)
Pamela Marche (LLB '95)
Bernard Miller (LLB '88)
Richard W.P. Murphy (LLB '83)
Kathryn A. Raymond (LLB '85)
Kelly J. Serbu (LLB '96)
Candace L. Thomas (LLB '95)
"This designation recognizes the great contributions made by some outstanding Nova Scotia lawyers and their personal and professional commitment to our province," said Justice Minister Diana Whalen when she announced the appointments on Feb. 23. "We educate and are served by some of the best lawyers in the country. Nova Scotia is proud of them."
The Schulich School of Law is proud of them too. Kudos, all!
- Get to Know...Professor Sara Seck
- Get to Know...Professor Jodi Lazare
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin co‑edits the International Commission of Jurists Canada book "Canada and the Rule of Law"
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin is co‑editor and co‑author of the groundbreaking book "Regulating Judges"
- Get to Know...Professor Adelina Iftene
- The Nova Scotia Judiciary launches a mentorship program for African Nova Scotian and Indigenous lawyers who want to become judges
- KUDOS! Ian Hanomansing (LLB '86) named a host of the revamped The National
- Get to Know...Professor Lucie Guibault