News» Go to news main
Kudos! The DLAS Takes Great Strides at Bluenose Marathon
The cloudy weather couldn’t put a damper on the 11th annual Bluenose Marathon and the DLAS team, Race Judicata. This year, The Dalhousie Legal Aid Society organized a team of 16 members – both students and faculty – who ran in every section of the race from 5 km to the full marathon at 42.2km.
“We are extremely pleased with the outcome,” states Schulich School of Law student Patrick Cashin, who was one of the main organizers. The team was fundraising to support the Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic and raised more than $2,600. Cashin and fellow organizer and student Gillian Angrove both competed in the full marathon.
“We were both in the Clinic during the winter and training for the marathon. We were looking for a way to give back to a place that was teaching us so much,” says Cashin. And give back they did. In just a few short weeks, they rounded up a team and raised $700 in the first two days.
Everyone who participated had a great time running to support the Clinic, and Cashin hopes to see the team out next year. “It’s amazing to see what Weldonites will do for a good cause, and we hope that this is only the first incarnation of team Race Judicata!”
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment