News» Go to news main
Kudos! The DLAS Takes Great Strides at Bluenose Marathon
The cloudy weather couldn’t put a damper on the 11th annual Bluenose Marathon and the DLAS team, Race Judicata. This year, The Dalhousie Legal Aid Society organized a team of 16 members – both students and faculty – who ran in every section of the race from 5 km to the full marathon at 42.2km.
“We are extremely pleased with the outcome,” states Schulich School of Law student Patrick Cashin, who was one of the main organizers. The team was fundraising to support the Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic and raised more than $2,600. Cashin and fellow organizer and student Gillian Angrove both competed in the full marathon.
“We were both in the Clinic during the winter and training for the marathon. We were looking for a way to give back to a place that was teaching us so much,” says Cashin. And give back they did. In just a few short weeks, they rounded up a team and raised $700 in the first two days.
Everyone who participated had a great time running to support the Clinic, and Cashin hopes to see the team out next year. “It’s amazing to see what Weldonites will do for a good cause, and we hope that this is only the first incarnation of team Race Judicata!”
- Schulich Law Professor Jonathon Penney's "chilling" Internet‑regulation research is more urgent now than ever
- KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
- Schulich Law's first Mini Law School on the Road public lecture explored how to legally protect Indigenous culture
- Portrait of Burnley "Rocky" Jones (LLB '92) unveiled in Weldon's Atrium
- KUDOS! Five Schulich School of Law students win 2017‑2018 Impact Awards
- The Right Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., captivated the crowd in Schulich Law's Room 105
- KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession