- The MSW application deadline is December 1st of each year.
Applications must be postmarked on or before the deadline date.
- Incomplete and late applications are not considered
- Equal consideration is given to part time and full time applications
- Applicants indicate if they wish to apply for campus or online distance delivery
- Applicants cannot apply for both delivery modes
The MSW application package includes (1 to 8):
- MSW Application Information and Instructions [PDF - 172 KB]
- The Dalhousie online Graduate Application or The Dalhousie Graduate Application PDF form [PDF - 289 KB] and application fee, please note under Additional Information on the application, MSW applicants need to provide a couple of sentences on how they expect to fund education (Financial Support) if accepted, other bullet sections under this heading do not need to be completed.
- Applicant check list [PDF - 193 KB]
- Statement of Scholarly Interest Cover Sheet (not an interactive form) [PDF - 80 KB], and paper
- Official university transcripts
- Two references(academic [PDF - 256 KB], work [PDF - 85 KB])
References must be received in an envelope sealed by the referee. It can be mailed directly by the referee or included with your mailed package. Scanned, emailed or faxed references will not be accepted. If referees need to email the reference, the applicant will need to provide the referee's email address when completing the online graduate application. Your referees can then submit the reference using the Dalhousie e-ref Electronic system. The referee will be sent an email and directed to a secure website to complete the reference. Please note, only valid email addresses may be used (yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc... are not valid for this process) It may take at least five days for the referee to receive a link. Please make arrangements well in advance to meet the deadline. Any questions on the e-ref Electronic system process should be directed to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
If you are currently in university or have been out of university for two years or less, submit one academic reference and one work reference.
If you have been out of university for more than two years, you have the option to submit one academic reference and one work reference OR two work references.
- Work/Volunteer summary forms [PDF - 71 KB]
NOTE: These references replace those requested on the Graduate studies website.
The MSW application is a self-managed process. Applicants submit the Dalhousie Graduate Application form and application fee to the Registrar’s Office or complete the online graduate application. All other supporting documents should be mailed to the School of Social Work.