- The MSW application deadline is December 1st of each year.
Applications must be postmarked on or before the deadline date.
- Incomplete and late applications are not considered
- Equal consideration is given to part time and full time applications
- Applicants indicate if they wish to apply for campus or online distance delivery
- Applicants cannot apply for both delivery modes
The MSW application package includes:
- MSW Application Information and Instructions [PDF - 172 KB]
- The Dalhousie Graduate Application form [PDF - 289 KB] and application fee, please note under Additional Information on the application, MSW applicants need to provide a couple of sentences on how they expect to fund education (Financial Support) if accepted, other bullet sections under this heading do not need to be completed.
- Applicant check list [PDF - 193 KB]
- Statement of Scholarly Interest Cover Sheet (not an interactive form) [PDF - 80 KB], and paper
- Official university transcripts
- Three references (academic [PDF - 256 KB], work [PDF - 85 KB], professional [PDF - 90 KB]). References must be received in an envelope sealed by the referee. It can be sent directly by the referee or included with your package. Scanned, emailed or faxed references will not be accepted. Please make arrangements well in advance to meet the deadline.
NOTE: These references replace those requested on the Graduate studies website.
- Work/Volunteer summary forms [PDF - 71 KB]
The MSW application is a self-managed process. Applicants submit the Dalhousie Graduate Application form and application fee to the Registrar’s Office. All other supporting documents should be sent to the School of Social Work.